- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Caramel Sauce Recipe Video
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||2 Tablespoon (1-2)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (35% fat whipping cream)|
Calories 422 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.2%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g69.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.2 mg27.4%
Sodium 34.4 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 52 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 17.6% Vitamin C 0.6%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 0.28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy bottom pan, add sugar, water, and corn syrup.
2. Place the pan on medium heat, whisk and cook the mixture until sugar dissolves, and it turns golden brown.
3. Turn off the heat, and add cream, all at once to it. Mix to combine.
4. Allow the mixture to cool, and then put it in refrigerator.
5. Serve caramel sauce with vanilla ice cream.
Keep an eye on the mixture because it can burn very quickly.
When you add the cream you mixture will boil and bubble so you must be very careful while pouring it.
Your caramel sauce will remain fresh for a week in refrigerator.