- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caramel for Flan or Creme Caramel Recipe Video
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1548 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 400 g133.3%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 399.6 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.4% Iron 0.22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedHeavy bottom pan
1. In a heavy bottom pan, put the sugar, and place the pan on a burner with high heat.
2. Shake the pan a little a couple of times.
3. Reduce the heat to low as soon as the sugar starts melting.
4. Start swirling the sugar inside the pan, swirl, leave alone; swirl, leave alone.
5. Repeat this until all the sugar has melted. Let it brown to your preference (the darker the caramel, the more bitter the sugar will be).
6. Use this for making flan or any other dessert.