- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Caramel Apples Recipe Video
|Green apple||8 Small|
|Dulce de leche||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (dark)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 537 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.6 mg
Sodium 137.6 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.8%
Sugars 64.9 g
Protein 0.04 g0.09%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 93.1%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 0.29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and dry the apples well. Remove the stem.
2. Insert a lollipop stick into each one.
3. Place them on a lightly buttered piece of wax paper.
4. Place the dulce de leche, cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla in a heavy bottom pan.
5. Whisk until all ingredients have mixed well.
6. Switch to a wooden spoon, reduce the heat to low, and stir the caramel until it forms a soft ball and separates from the sides of the pot. This will take between 20 to 30 minutes.
7. Tilt the pot and swirl in the apples to coat them evenly.
8. Work fast so that your caramel will not get too hard as it cools.
9. Shake off the excess caramel and place the apple on the waxed paper.
10. Refrigerate for at least an hour.