- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Cake Pops!! Cake Pops Tutorial Recipe Video
|Chocolate cake||1⁄2 Kilogram, crumbled (I used ½ of a 9×13 devils food box cake)|
|Chocolate frosting||2 Tablespoon|
|White chocolate||12 Ounce, melted (2 boxes Premium white chocolate ( you can use Baker’s brand))|
|Sprinkles||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 186 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.1 mg
Sodium 29.4 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.08%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 0.18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To a large bowl add cake. Crumble until it resembles fine crumbs.
2. Add in frosting a little bit at a time until cake is moist and can hold a ball shape, yet still slightly crumbly.
3. Use your hands to incorporate the frosting into the cake crumbs.
4. Use a mini ice cream scoop and scoop out two balls of cake mixture.
5. Roll the mixture into a tight ball and place on a plate.
6. Repeat until all the cake mixture has been rolled into balls.
7. In another bowl, melt 4 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave.
8. Dip the tip of the cake pop sticks into the white chocolate and insert into the cake balls about half-way.
9. Freeze for about 20 minutes.
10. In a large cup melt the remaining chocolate. Make sure there is enough chocolate to completely submerge the cake ball.
11. Remove cake balls from freezer.
12. Dip cake balls carefully into the chocolate until covered.
13. Let the excess chocolate drip off. Swirl and tap gently if needed.
14. Add the sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet. It will harden quickly.
15. Stick the decorated cake pop into a styrofoam block to finish setting.
16. Place into the freezer to speed up setting time.
17. Store in a single layer, in an airtight container.
18. In a serving platter, serve these cake pops as dessert or gift it.
Cover with a clear treat bag & ribbon for gift giving, if desired.