- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buttermilk Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Recipe Video
|For buttermilk chocolate cupcake|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||5 Tablespoon (unsweetened)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For chocolate ganache|
|Chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Dove chocolate)|
|Chocolate syrup||2 Teaspoon|
|Half n half||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 1185 Calories from Fat 441
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.2%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.7 mg
Sodium 850.6 mg35.4%
Total Carbohydrates 180 g60%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.5%
Sugars 105.5 g
Protein 15 g29.4%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine buttermilk, oil and eggs. Mix well and set aside.
4. In a separate large bowl add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
5. Gradually drop the flour mixture into the bowl with wet ingredients. Beat after each addition.
6. Add vanilla extract and boiling water. Mix to incorporate.
7. Pour batter into the cupcake pan, about 3/4 of the way up.
8. Place the pan in oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted in middle of cupcake comes out clean.
9. Take cupcakes out of the oven and place them on wire rack to cool.
10. Decorate cupcakes with the ganache and frosting recipe below.
For Chocolate Ganache:
1. In a heat safe bowl, add chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, half n half, and butter. Place the bowl over a double boiler, stir and heat until chocolate melts.
For 7- Minutes Frosting
1. For double boiler, place a heat safe bowl on top a pot filled with water. Let the water in the pot simmer, but make sure that it is not touching the bottom of the bowl.
2. In the bowl, drop sugar, water, corn syrup, cream of tartar, and salt. Mix until well incorporated.
3. Add egg whites and beat for about 7 minutes or until stiff peak form.
4. Cut a cone shape in the middle of the cupcakes and fill it with ganache.
5. Top cupcakes with frosting and serve immediately.