- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe Video
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||12 Tablespoon, cold (1 1/2 sticks)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3327 Calories from Fat 1355
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 154 g237.4%
Saturated Fat 93.2 g466.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 387 mg
Sodium 7641.5 mg318.4%
Total Carbohydrates 409 g136.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.2%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 71 g142.7%
Vitamin A 90% Vitamin C
Calcium 233% Iron 148.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a food processor, put the flour and butter in batches and pulse to get coarse crumbs consistency.
3. Transfer it to a large bowl.
4. Make a well in the centre and pour the buttermilk (shake it well).
5. Knead it gently only till all combines. Do not knead it into soft dough.
6. On a flat surface, sprinkle flour and spread the biscuit dough with hands gently.
7. Using a glass, cut out the biscuits (a biscuit cutter can also be used).
8. Place them on a baking tray close to each other.
9. Bake for 12 minutes or till done.
10. Remove from oven and allow to cooling.
11. On a serving plate, cut them into half and serve with gravy.