- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Bread Sauce Recipe Video
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Saffron strands||1 Pinch|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||175 Gram|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 259 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.1 mg
Sodium 446.9 mg18.6%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place saffron strands on a sheet of baking parchment on a baking tray and cook in a hot oven for a few minutes to dry out.
2. Into a saucepan, pour milk and add onion, bay leaves and cloves. Bring to the boil, then remove pan from the heat and leave for milk to infuse.
3. Strain milk into a jug, reserving a bay leaf for garnish. Pour it again into the saucepan.
4. Stir in the butter and breadcrumbs. Add saffron and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cook the sauce over a low heat for about 5-10 minutes until thickened. If it thickens too much, thin with a little extra milk.
6. Serve this Saffron Scented Bread Sauce hot.