- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Chicken in Carrot Juice Recipe Video
|Chicken pieces||8 Medium (4-thighs; 4- legs)|
|Dates||8 Medium, seeded, chopped|
|Carrot juice||15 Fluid Ounce (1 bottle)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red onion||1 Large, sliced thinly|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Ginger powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Couscous||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (FOR SERVING)|
Calories 689 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 210.9 mg
Sodium 833.5 mg34.7%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.9%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 73 g146.2%
Vitamin A 51.6% Vitamin C 27.6%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse and pat dry the chicken thighs and legs with a paper towel.
2. Season the pieces with salt and pepper.
3. Prepare the other ingredients according to the list.
4. Cook the couscous in water. Set aside.
5. Preheat the oven to required temperature.
6. In a braising pan, heat olive oil. Brown the chicken and remove it.
7. Drain off the excess fat.
8. Pour a little chicken stock to deglaze the pan.
9. Put the onions, stir and let it cook for 2 minutes.
10. Return the chicken pieces to the pan.
11. Add the carrot juice, chicken stock, pepper, sage, cumin, ginger, cinnamon and dates. Stir to mix.
12. Bring it to a boil and cover.
13. Place it in the oven for 30 minutes.
14. On a serving plate, serve it with cooked couscous.