- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boiled Shrimp for Sushi Recipe Video
|Shrimp||1 Pound, devein|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 120 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3%
Saturated Fat 0.37 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.4 mg
Sodium 288.9 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.3%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 23 g46.1%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take toothpick and insert it in the fleshy part of shrimp to keep it straight after boiling.
2. In a saucepan, boil water, and add salt and vinegar in it. Stir.
3. Drop shrimp gently into the pan. When the water starts to boil turn shrimp. Take it out and see if it is cooked.
4. When done, remove shrimp from boiling water, and lay them on a plate.
5. Take out toothpick, and peel off skin as shown in the video.
6. Cut in the underneath centre of the shrimp to devein. Cut off the head.
7. In a bowl take cold water, put shrimp in it, scrape off vein and clean.
8. On a paper towel, lay shrimp, and pat it dry.
9. Put boiled shrimp in sushi with cream cheese. Roll, cut into slices and serve with spicy sauce.