- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mac and Blue Cheese Recipe Video
|Macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Button mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Blue cheese||4 Ounce|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 513 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.2%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.3 mg
Sodium 965.9 mg40.2%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 17.8 g
Protein 16 g32.9%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 25.8% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) In a large pot, cook the macaroni in salted boiling water and little olive oil for 8 to 10 minutes until tender.
3) Drain and rinse the macaroni, then return to pot and set aside.
4) In a frying pan, saute the mushrooms in butter until golden brown.
5) Add cream and 2/3 of the blue cheese to the macaroni and melt the cheese over a low heat.
6) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7) In a baking dish, transfer the macaroni mixture and top with the mushrooms and remaining blue cheese.
8) Place under the preheated broiler, just until the cheese is melted.
9) Spoon the macaroni into serving plates and serve.