- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Black Walnut Wild Rice Recipe Video
|Wild rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked|
|Fancy large black walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Hammonds)|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 565 Calories from Fat 406
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.7%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 395 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.9%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 19 g37.5%
Vitamin A 16.4% Vitamin C 32.3%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the wild rice according to package directions.
2. In a skillet; add mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Add black walnuts, onions, garlic salt, and peppers and cook for additional 3 minutes or until the vegetables soften slightly.
4. Add wild rice, stirring till the rice is heated.
5. Serve alongside your favorite main dish.