- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Betty's Rugelach (Apricot and Raspberry Pastries) Recipe Video
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (at room temprature)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
|Apricot jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sanding sugar/Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|For alternate filling|
|Raspberry jam||4 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 447 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.5%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g87.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.9 mg24.3%
Sodium 26.6 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 5 g9%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 0.45%
Calcium 3% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a processing jar add in the flour and butter. Mix until mixture becomes crumbly.
3. Add in the sour cream and egg yolk, mix well.
4. Scrape down the mixture from processing jar over a wax paper. Gather the dough at center with the help of wax paper. Make a disk.
5. Wrap the disk and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. Take out the dough from the fridge and divide into 4 equal parts.
7. Place divided dough over a wax paper and top with another wax paper. With rolling pin roll into 10" circle. Place the rolled dough in refrigerator and meanwhile roll the remaining dough pieces.
8. Take out the roll from fridge and peel of the wax paper carefully.
9. Spread 2 tbsp. of the apricot over the roll evenly. Sprinkle 1 tbsp. of pecans followed by coconut.
10. Cut the dough rolls with pastry wheel like a pie into 12 sections.
11. Roll each of the pieces and coat with sanding sugar. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
12. On another dough roll spread 2 tbsp. of the raspberry jams, 2 tbsp. walnut, 1 tbsp. chocolate chips and coconut.
13. Cut the roll into 12 pieces, roll the pieces and dip in sugar. Place that on same cookie sheet.
14. Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
15. Serve Rugelach with tea or coffee and enjoy!