- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Betty's Meringue Kisses (Christmas Cookies) Recipe Video
|Egg whites||3 (at room temperature)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mint flavoring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green food coloring||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|For chocolate sauce|
|Chocolate||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
Calories 174 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.8%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 16.7 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 30.5 g
Protein 2 g3.5%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.7% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 300 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with the parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl take egg white and whisk for few minutes with stand mixer.
3. Add in the cream of tartar whisk again and gradually add in the sugar.
4. Scrape the mixture from the bowl and spin again.
5. Add in the mint flavoring and green food coloring. Whisk again for few minutes.
6. Scoop out the mixture in the pipe bag.
7. Squeeze the mixture over the parchment lined cookie sheet.
8. Bake in oven for 60 minutes at 300 degrees F.
9. Take out the meringue and keep aside.
10. In a heat proof bowl take half of the chocolates and melt over double boiler.
11. Take off the bowl from the double boiler and add in the left chocolates. Keep stirring for 5 minutes.
12. Dip the meringue in chocolate sauce, and cover the lower edge. Take out with the help of fork and place over a wax paper.
13. Serve Meringue Kisses with tea or coffee.
You can make peppermint sticks too from this mixture.