- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Berry Compote Recipe Video
|Mixed berries||1 Pound (cherries + Strawberries)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 89 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.75 g1.2%
Saturated Fat 0 g0.01%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.24 mg0.01%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 1 g2.1%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 33.9%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the cherries and strawberries. Discard any stems and pits.
2. In a saucepan place the cherries and strawberries, add sugar, star anise and cardamom pods (Star anise and cardamom can be replaced with cinnamon stick, a vanilla bean, orange peels, or any other flavoring of your choice).
3. Add water, mix well, cover the pan, and cook the cherries and strawberries on medium heat for around 10 minutes. Stir the fruits from time to time.
4. After 10 minutes, the fruits will become soft and a syrupy liquid will be seen in the sauce pan.
5. Remove the star anise and cardamom from the fruits.
6. In a bowl put the fruits without the liquid and blend using a hand mixer or any type of food processor you have. Mix until you get a smooth texture.
7. Pour the mixture in small cups, let it cool down, then place the cups in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.
8. Use this compote to make drinks, smoothies, on desserts or put it in air tight container and store in the fridge.