- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Wellington Recipe Video
|Canola oil||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Beef tenderloin||2 Pound, trimmed (center cut beef tenderlion roast)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Mini bella mushrooms||8 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (unsalted)|
|Shallots||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Puff pastry||1⁄2 Package (cold, thawed)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Prosciutto||4 Ounce, thinly sliced (4 slices)|
|Egg||1 Medium (+ 1 tbsp - beaten for egg wash)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
Calories 431 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.3%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g27.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.7 mg36.9%
Sodium 773.7 mg32.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 33 g65.8%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
2) Season the beef tenderloin with salt and pepper.
3) In a skillet, heat the canola oil on a medium high heat and sear the beef tenderloin for about 2 minutes on each side.
4) Remove from the pan on kitchen towel and refrigerate to cool.
5) In the same skillet add some more oil and butter.
6) When the butter is melted, add the shallots and cook until just fragrant.
7) Then add the chopped mushrooms, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
8) Stir occasionally and saute until there is no moisture in the pan.
9) Then stir in the thyme and transfer the mushroom mixture to a bowl.
10) Refrigerate the mushroom mixture to cool down.
11) Spread a few sheets of pastic wrap and make a bed of prosciutto over it.
12) Spread the mushroom mixture on top of the prosciutto.
13) Place the beef tenderloin and wrap it tightly with the help of plastic wrap. Refrigerate until chilled.
14) On a lighly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry and brush with egg wash.
15) Unwrap the chilled beef-mushroom-prosciutto roll and place over the pastry.
16) Fold over the pastry, trim off the pastry edges and refrigerate for 30 minutes, then remove and brush with egg wash.
17) Cut a few slits on top and sprinkle with kosher salt.
18) Cook in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Allow to rest for atleast 10 minutes.
19) Cut the beef wellington into 1 inch slices and serve.