- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Fajitas Recipe Video
|Flank steak||2 Pound|
|Lime||2 Large, juiced|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), chopped finely|
|Chilli pepper||1 Medium, seeded, chopped|
|Lime zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Coarse salt||1 Tablespoon|
|White onion||2 Medium, cut into strips|
|Bell peppers||2 Medium, cut into strips 2 inches long|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3146 Calories from Fat 1669
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 182 g280.3%
Saturated Fat 40 g200%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 240 mg
Sodium 6846 mg285.3%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.5%
Dietary Fiber 30.1 g120.3%
Sugars 31.5 g
Protein 206 g411.2%
Vitamin A 60% Vitamin C 625.6%
Calcium 65.9% Iron 165.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse and pat dry meat. Cut meat into strips against the grain.
2. In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients except for meat.
3. Place meat in a zip lock bag and pour marinade over it. Close bag well and make sure meat is completely covered. Refrigerate overnight.
4. Heat a large skillet with some oil.
5. Add the onions and bell peppers and cook for 10 to 12 minutes until softened but still crisp.
6. Remove from pan and set aside.
7. Pour more oil to the pan and heat. Add the meat and cook for about 7 minutes or until cooked through. Discard any excess rendered juice.
8. Return the vegetables to the meat. Heat through.
9. In a serving plate, place the meat in the tortillas and serve with Mexican rice and re-fried black beans.