- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Chili Recipe Video
|Chuck beef||3 Pound, diced|
|Yellow onion||2 Medium, chopped finely|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), minced|
|Jalapeno peppers||2 Medium, seeded, chopped finely|
|Chilli powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Chipotle powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Pinch|
|Dark ale||12 Ounce|
|Beef broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cinnamon sticks||2 Medium|
|Bay leaves||2 Medium|
|Kidney beans||30 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 can)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Seeded tomato||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (FOR GARNISHING)|
|Red onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (FOR GARNISHING)|
|Jalapeno rings||1 Teaspoon (FOR GARNISHING)|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon (FOR GARNISHING)|
Calories 1706 Calories from Fat 621
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.6%
Saturated Fat 26.3 g131.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 226.5 mg
Sodium 1258.8 mg52.5%
Total Carbohydrates 158 g52.7%
Dietary Fiber 40.7 g162.8%
Sugars 14.3 g
Protein 118 g236.3%
Vitamin A 140.4% Vitamin C 47.5%
Calcium 33.9% Iron 136.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large braising pan heat some olive oil. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to brown for 10 minutes.
2. Put the garlic and jalapeño and mix well. Cook for an extra 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Wipe your pan.
3. To the same pan, add more olive oil and heat. Add the beef and brown evenly on all sides. Work in batches so you do not overcrowd your pot. Set meat aside.
4. To the pot return the cooked onions. Add the dry spices and mix well. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
5. Pour the beer and 1 cup beef broth. Return the beef to the pan. Mix well.
6. Add the cinnamon and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Bring the beef to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 3 ½ hours (If finishing tomorrow, cool down completely and refrigerate – heat up again the next day.).
8. Remove the cinnamon and the bay leaves.
9. Add 1 more cup beef broth and the kidney beans. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes and serve.
10. In a serving bowl, ladle the chilli, garnish with chopped tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño rings and sour cream and serve hot with bread.