- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe Video
|Grape seed oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Cream sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Sea salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Tomato||4 1⁄2 Pound|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, ground|
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.8%
Saturated Fat 0.32 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1208.3 mg50.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.2%
Sugars 21 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 192% Vitamin C 123.4%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove stem from tomatoes and chop.
2. Add them to the food processor jar and puree.
3. Crush grated carrots in processor jar for few minutes.
4. Heat a pot over medium high heat.
5. Heat grape seed oil, add in onion and fry until opaque.
6. Add in carrots, tomato puree and garlic.
7. Sprinkle sea salt and black pepper, pour wine and cream sherry.
8. Cover the pot and simmer tomato mixture for 45 minutes on low heat.
9. Spread tomato sauce over eggplant, sprinkle some of your favorite cheese and bake in oven for 10 minutes. A delicious side dish is ready to get served.
Always keep the tomato sauce in an airtight container in refrigerator. So, it can be used whenever needed. And also keep a parchment paper inside the container, so, that it don’t get spoil early.