- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Barbecue Pulled Pork Shoulder Recipe Video
|Pork shoulder||4 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), smashed|
|Thyme sprigs||8 Medium, tied with kitchen twine|
|Beef stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (inexpensive)|
|Barbecue sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 1035 Calories from Fat 577
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.7%
Saturated Fat 20.9 g104.4%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 281.3 mg
Sodium 1041.4 mg43.4%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 83 g166.2%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 23.9%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 40.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Rinse and pat dry the pork.
3. Rub the pork liberally with salt, pepper and cumin.
4. Heat a large Dutch oven or ovenproof braising pan. Add the
olive oil and heat it.
5. Sear pork evenly on all sides and allow it to brown.
6. Carefully remove excess oil from pan and discard. Leave about 2 tablespoons in it.
7. Add the onion, garlic, thyme, broth and red wine.
8. Bring pan to a boil and cover.
9. Place pan in oven and cook for 3 hours.
10. Remove pork from oven and cool down.
11. Shred pork and place in a large skillet.
12. Add the barbecue sauce and mix well. Heat through.
13. This can be served in sandwich with Cole slaw and pickle or as braised pork with mashed potatoes.