- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Asparagus Rissotto Recipe Video
|Boiled asparagus stalks||1 Pound, trimmed, cut into half|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Yellow onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Arborio rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Black pepper||2 Pinch|
|Parmesan||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 566 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.8%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.1 mg
Sodium 631.3 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 14 g28.2%
Vitamin A 23.5% Vitamin C 15.9%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim the asparagus.
2. In a large pot of salted boiling water, boil asparagus for 2 minutes. Drain and place in iced water. Set aside.
3. Heat the chicken stock.
4. In a pan, heat oil, add onion, cook for 5 to 6 minutes.Add rice, saute until the rice turns translucent.
5. Add 1 ladle of chicken stock to the rice, mix constantly until the liquid is mostly dried up, repeat the process for about 18 minutes or until the rice is softened.
6. Add asparagus. Season with black pepper.Add 1 more ladle of stock and cook for another few minutes until the rice is fully cooked.
7. Add stock (1/4 cup) and parmesan (1/4 cup) and mix.
8. Serve with your choice of bread.