- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Apple Crumble Recipe Video
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 Large (Zest and juice)|
|Unrefined caster sugar||175 Gram|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Pinch|
|Unsalted butter||115 Gram, cold|
|Plain flour||225 Gram|
|Caster sugar||140 Gram|
|Porridge oats||25 Gram|
Calories 650 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.6%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.2 mg13.7%
Sodium 4.3 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.8%
Sugars 66.2 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 28.2%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Peel and core the apples and cut into large chunks.
2. In a saucepan heat the oil, add the lemon zest and juice, unrefined caster sugar, cinnamon and then the apples. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes to soften slightly.
3. Tip the apples into a large square baking dish.
4. Place the flour into a bowl and add cold butter and blitz until fine breadcrumbs.
5. Stir in the caster sugar carefully. Spoon over the top of the stewed apples and sprinkle over the porridge oats.
6. Bake in the oven at 200°C for 30-40 minutes or until well-browned.
7. Serve the Apple Crumble with custard or ice cream.