- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp in Alfredo Sauce Recipe Video
|Angle hair pasta||12 Ounce, cooked|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, deveined|
|Asparagus||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sliced into 3 inch pieces|
|Mushrooms||6 Large, sliced|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||3 Large, minced|
|Scallions ( green and white)||3 Medium, chopped|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (to taste)|
Calories 1013 Calories from Fat 310
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g53%
Saturated Fat 18.8 g93.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 242.3 mg80.8%
Sodium 1373.4 mg57.2%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 25.5 g
Protein 51 g103%
Vitamin A 39.8% Vitamin C 29.5%
Calcium 66.6% Iron 34.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean the shrimps.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook per package instructions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
3. FOR THE SAUCE: In a heavy pan, melt the 1/3 cup butter.
4. Pour the milk and whisk well. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes until reduced by 1/3 cup.
5. Add the Parmesan cheese and mix well.
6. Put the pepper, cayenne and parsley. Bring back to a simmer, constantly stirring until the cheese melts and the sauce is smooth.
7. Take a large pan and melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
8. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and mix well.
9. Put the scallions, garlic, asparagus and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. Add the shrimp and wine. Cook for approximately 4 minutes, or until shrimp turns pink and is cooked.
11. Season with salt and pepper. Add the Alfredo sauce to the pan.
12. Mix well until liquids blend. Add the pasta and stir until pasta is coated with sauce.
13. In a serving plate, serve this pasta hot.