- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Buttermilk Banana Blueberry Bread Recipe Video
|Banana||3 Medium, mashed (very ripe)|
|Buttermilk/Plain milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Blueberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar/Cinnamon sugar||5 Pinch|
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.4%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.5 mg15.5%
Sodium 382.2 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 24.8 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 13% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare a bread loaf pan by buttering and flouring it.
3. In a bowl, mix the bananas, eggs, buttermilk, oil and sugar. Whisk well.
4. Add the sugar, baking powder, salt and flour. Whisk for about a minute.
5. Fold in the blueberries.
6. Place the batter into the pan and sprinkle with some brown sugar.
7. Bake for about 60 minutes or until a cake pin comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and cool down in the pan for about 15 minutes.
9. Turn the bread loaf over on to a clean surface and finish cooling completely. You can also place the bread on a cooling rack.
10. On a serving platter, serve as is or with butter. This is also excellent with cream cheese as a sandwich.