- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus Tart Recipe Video
|Frozen puff pastry sheet||1 , thawed in refrigerator overnight|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon (1-2)|
|Gruyere cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Asparagus spear||1 Pound|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Freshly ground peper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.3%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.9 mg
Sodium 597.9 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 13 g26.8%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 36.8% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
2. Trim asparagus to the length of pastry. Set it aside.
3. On a lightly floured surface, gently roll a 10x16 inch pastry sheet. Add more flour, if necessary to avoid pastry sheet from sticking on the surface.
4. On a rimless baking sheet, place the pastry. Brush excess flour away.
5. With pizza cutter, trim uneven edge. Then, using a knife score a 1-inch border around the pastry to form crust.
6. With a fork, prick the inside of crust. This will allow the steam to escape.
7. Place the baking sheet in oven, and bake pastry for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove pastry from oven, press down the puffed portion, if any with spoon.
9. Spread Dijon mustard evenly over crust, and top it with cheese.
10. Lay asparagus on it, placing half in one direction and half in other.
11. Drizzle olive oil on asparagus.
12. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Place it back into the oven and bake for about 15- 20 minutes or until asparagus is easily pierced with fork.
13. Slice up and serve right away.
You can also use a regular baking sheet, turned upside down and lined with parchment paper.