- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
American Chop Suey or American Goulash or Macaroni Goulash Recipe Video
|Raw pasta||10 Ounce, cooked (elbows, shells or Rigatoni)|
|Italian sausages||6 Medium, casings removed|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Oregano||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated (FOR GARNISH)|
Calories 859 Calories from Fat 431
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.2%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g77.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 103.4 mg34.5%
Sodium 926.1 mg38.6%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.6%
Sugars 12.6 g
Protein 34 g68.8%
Vitamin A 38.7% Vitamin C 46.9%
Calcium 19.9% Iron 35.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the pasta as per instructions. Drain and shock it. Set it aside.
2. Remove the sausages from the casings and brown it in a pan. Drain it and set aside. Wipe the pan.
3. To the pan, add the olive oil and heat.
4. Put the onions and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until softened and translucent.
5. Add the garlic and mix well. Cook for a minute and put the tomatoes and oregano.
6. Cook the tomatoes for another 4 to 5 minutes.
7. Make a well in the middle and pour the tomato paste. Mix well.
8. Add the tomato sauce and the water. Season with black pepper.
9. Return the cooked sausage to the pan. Mix well and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Put the cooked pasta to the sauce and heat it through.
11. In a serving plate or bowl, serve with some Parmesan cheese.