- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Almond Milk Recipe Video
|Raw almonds||1 1⁄5 Cup (19.2 tbs)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs) (as needed)|
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.6%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.43 mg0.02%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.3% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedHigh speed blender - Blend tec
1. Soak raw almonds in water for a minimum of 8 hours.
2. Drain water from almonds and rinse thoroughly.
3. Place almonds in a food processor or high-speed blender along with 4 cups of water.
4. Blend nuts and water until smooth.
5. Pour liquid into a large bowl through a clean paint strainer bag or cheese cloth
6. Gently squeeze the pulp in the paint strainer bag to wring out the remaining almond milk.
7. Serve or keep refrigerated in a glass container.
If you want a sweet almond milk the soak little dates overnight along with the almonds and add vanilla extract while blending.
Do not throw away the pulp, store it in a container and freeze it, use it as almond flour for making cookies or cakes.
You can serve with maple syrup, cinnamon powder or anything you like.