- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Almond Milk Recipe Video
|Raw almonds||1 Pound|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (as needed)|
Calories 652 Calories from Fat 469
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.2%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.1 mg0%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.3%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 24 g48.1%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C
Calcium 29.9% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedHigh speed blender - Blend tec
1. Soak raw almonds in water for a minimum of 8 hours.
2. Drain water from almonds and rinse thoroughly.
3. Place almonds in a food processor or high-speed blender along with 4 cups of water.
4. Blend nuts and water until smooth.
5. Pour liquid into a large bowl through a clean paint strainer bag or cheese cloth
6. Gently squeeze the pulp in the paint strainer bag to wring out the remaining almond milk.
7. Serve or keep refrigerated in a glass container.
If you want a sweet almond milk the soak little dates overnight along with the almonds and add vanilla extract while blending.
Do not throw away the pulp, store it in a container and freeze it, use it as almond flour for making cookies or cakes.
You can serve with maple syrup, cinnamon powder or anything you like.