- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Almond Brittle and Praline Recipe Video
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||100 Gram|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), roasted and skinless|
Calories 820 Calories from Fat 328
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.6%
Saturated Fat 14.2 g70.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.8 mg
Sodium 461.9 mg19.2%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.4%
Sugars 74.2 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.2% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, add sugar, water, salt and light corn syrup and cook at medium heat.
2. Stir to combine ingredients and bring to boil.
3. Add butter and stir.
4. Continue to boil for 15 minutes until a dark amber color is formed.
5. Take a little of the mix and place on a bowl. If it hardens immediately, it is ready.
6. Turn the heat off.
7. Add the chopped almonds and baking soda and stir to combine.
8. Pour over a parchment paper and spread.
9. The mix will harden within 10 minutes.
10. Break into pieces.
11. For the praline: Put the pieces into a food processor and blend to get almond praline.
12. Serve as a snack or dessert or use for making other desserts.