- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tasty Albondigas Soup Recipe Video
|Beef mince||1⁄2 Pound|
|White bread||50 Gram (2 slices( approx 25 gram each))|
|Yellow onion||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Garlic clove||4 Medium, minced|
|Chili pepper||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Bell pepper||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Low sodium chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bay leaf||2 Medium|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.5%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.1 mg13.7%
Sodium 869.6 mg36.2%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 16 g31.8%
Vitamin A 39.8% Vitamin C 123.2%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Break up the bread and place it in a bowl.
2. Drizzle enough milk on it to soak it completely. Disintegrate it with a fork.
3. Place the meat in a bowl.
4. Add the soaked bread, egg, grated onion, 1 tablespoon parsley, 2 garlic cloves and salt and pepper.
5. Mix well and for medium sized meatballs.
6. Roll them in some flour.
7. Heat a large skillet with some olive oil.
8. Add the meatballs, in an individual layer, and fry until browned on all sides.
9. Work in batches if necessary.
10. Place them on a paper towel lined plate to drain off the excess fat. Set the meatballs aside.
11. If necessary, add a little more oil to your pan.
12. Add the chopped onion and cook for about 6 minutes – until softened and starting to brown.
13. Add the garlic, remaining parsley, bell pepper, chili pepper and oregano.
14. Mix well and cook for a couple more minutes.
15. Press each tomato, one at a time, against the largest grating blade of a grating box and grate tomato. You will end up with the whole peel in your hand. Discard it.
16. Add the low sodium chicken stock and add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
17. Add the bay leaves.
18. Return the albondigas to the pan. Cook at a simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
19. Discard the bay leaves and serve with rice.