- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make A Sweet Potato Casserole With A Latin Twist Recipe Video
|For the peach with sugar syrup mix|
|Peaches/Canned peaches - 2 cups||6 Large, chopped|
|Chili pepper/Serano pepper / jalapeno||1 Medium, seeded, chopped|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the casserole|
|Sweet potatoes||8 Small, boiled, sliced thick|
Calories 287 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.94 g1.4%
Saturated Fat 0.38 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg
Sodium 82.8 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.2%
Sugars 43.3 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 436.3% Vitamin C 30.7%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add the chopped peaches, chili pepper and sugar. Let it sit for about an hour.
2. Meanwhile boil the sweet potatoes, peel, slice them and set them aside.
3. In a pot, add the peaches along with the juices released with the pepper and the sugar. Cook until the sugar dissolves and the syrup thickens, stirring often. (Takes about 15 minutes)
4. In a baking dish, spread the peeled and thickly sliced sweet potatoes (boiled), dab a little butter over them.
5. Pour the peach mixture over, spreading them to coat all the potatoes.
6. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper and sugar.
7. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
8. Serve with turkey, chicken, beef or pork.