- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Potato and Beef Casserole Recipe Video
|Sweet potatoes||3 Large, boiled, mashed|
|Hardboiled eggs||2 Medium|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Chilli pepper||1 Small, seeded, chopped finely (remove membrane)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Beef/Ground beef||3⁄4 Pound, cut to fine cubes|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomaotes/15 ounce can of diced tomato||3 Medium, chopped finely|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Raisin||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Black olives||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 414 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 162.9 mg54.3%
Sodium 1109.4 mg46.2%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30%
Sugars 20.7 g
Protein 22 g43.6%
Vitamin A 353.2% Vitamin C 50.7%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 26.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
3. Heat a skillet with some olive oil.
4. Add the onion and cook for about 8 minutes until soft and translucent.
5. Put garlic and cook for about one minute.
6. Add the chili pepper, bell pepper and parsley. Mix well.
7. Put the tomato paste and mix.
8. Pour the chicken broth and add the tomatoes.
9. Sprinkle the oregano and season with salt and pepper.
10. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes. If using raisins, add them now.
11. Place the cooked beef into a casserole dish. Layer the sliced egg and olives (if using) on top of the meat.
12. Top with the mashed sweet potatoes.
13. Bake for about 30 minutes until top is browned and meat is bubbly.
14. In a serving plate, slice and serve warm.