- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make a Spinach Pie Recipe Video
|Spinach leaves||1 Pound|
|White onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded white cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Preferably Feta)|
|Puff pastry sheets||2|
|Beaten egg||1 (For Egg Wash)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2702 Calories from Fat 1377
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 156 g240.7%
Saturated Fat 88.6 g443%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1056.9 mg352.3%
Sodium 8339.7 mg347.5%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.3%
Dietary Fiber 23.9 g95.4%
Sugars 21.7 g
Protein 227 g453%
Vitamin A 979% Vitamin C 337.7%
Calcium 623.4% Iron 167.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
• Coat the bottom of a large skillet with olive oil. Heat.
• Wash spinach thoroughly and set aside.
• Add the chopped onions to the skillet and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and parsley. Mix well. Cook for a couple minutes. Add the oregano. Mix. Cook for another few minutes. Make a well in the middle of your onions.
• Add the flour and mix well. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
• Add the spinach to the pan and mix well.
• When the spinach is starting to wilt add the two eggs. Scramble the eggs and mix them with the spinach. Mix well to coat evenly. Add the cheese. Mix until the cheese starts to melt and turn off the heat.
• Roll out the puff pastry dough and place in the bottom of a pie pan. Fill with the spinach mixture.
• Roll out the other puff pastry and cover the pie. Form a thick edge with the top and bottom crusts to seal.
• Cut off the excess dough and make a few holes on the top. Brush the top with beaten egg.
• Place pie into the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until pie crust is browned. Remove from oven and allow cooling for a few minutes. Cut and serve. Enjoy!