- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach, Blueberry & Walnut Salad Recipe Video
|Walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped (FOR SALAD)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (FOR SALAD)|
|Baby spinach leaves||4 Cup (64 tbs), washed and dried (FOR SALAD)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Small, thinly sliced (FOR SALAD)|
|Blueberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), washed and dried (FOR SALAD)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (FOR SALAD)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (FOR DRESSING)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (FOR SALAD; DRESSING)|
|Salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste, FOR SALAD; DRESSING)|
|Pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste, FOR SALAD; DRESSING)|
Calories 334 Calories from Fat 263
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.7%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 425.9 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.6%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 5 g9.4%
Vitamin A 74% Vitamin C 33.3%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small skillet pour the oil and let it get hot.
2. Add the walnuts, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3. Toast the walnuts, stirring often, until they become fragrant. Be careful not to burn them as they will burn fairly quickly. Set them aside.
4. FOR DRESSING: In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients together.
5. In a bowl put the spinach, onion, blueberries, cherry tomatoes and toasted walnuts.
6. Drizzle the salad dressing on top and toss carefully so as not to mash the blueberries and tomatoes. Toss it to coat all the ingredients well.
7. In a serving bowl, serve the salad fresh.