- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Quinoa Cake (Pastel de Quinoa) Recipe Video
|Raw quinoa||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked|
|Chipotle powder||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Vegetable shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted, hot|
|Eggs||3 Medium, lightly beaten|
|Fresh cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.5%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29%
Trans Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 50.2 mg
Sodium 70.5 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 14.9% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9X13 oven proof dish with butter.
3. Cook the quinoa in water.
4. In a large bowl put the cooked quinoa.
5. Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
6. Place it in the greased oven proof dish.
7. Bake the quinoa for about 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when you pierce it. Allow it to cool down for a few minutes.
8. In a serving plate, slice it and serve warm with tea or coffee.