- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple Pot Roast Recipe Video
|Yellow onion||2 Large, sliced|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Beef roast||4 Pound|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (as required)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (as required)|
|Rendered fat||2 Tablespoon (from browning beef)|
|Carrot||4 Medium, chopped|
|Tomato||3 Medium, chopped|
|Thyme sprigs||5 Medium|
|Beef broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 1184 Calories from Fat 366
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.1%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 395.7 mg
Sodium 1420 mg59.2%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.3%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 154 g307.3%
Vitamin A 261.1% Vitamin C 36.6%
Calcium 6% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil.
2. Add the onions and allow it to caramelize for 30 minutes. Stir it once in a while to cook evenly. Transfer it to a bowl.
3. Put paprika, mix well and set aside.
4. Clean the pot.
5. Place the beef on a flat surface. Pat dry with a paper towel.
6. Season it generously with salt and pepper on both the sides.
7. Apply flour over the beef to cover all the sides evenly.
8. Prepare the other ingredients as per the list.
9. Take the pot, add olive oil.
10. Shake off the excess flour and place it in the pot.
11. Allow it to brown on all the sides. Remove excess rendered fat leaving around 2 tablespoons.
12. Put the carrots, tomatoes around the beef.
13. Place the thyme sprigs on one side.
14. Put the caramelized onions over the browned beef.
15. Pour the beef broth and season with pepper to taste.
16. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 2 ½ hours and remove from heat.
17. In a serving plate serve it hot with mashed potatoes or cooked rice.