- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sausage Polenta Casserole Recipe Video
|Instant polenta||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Sausages||6 Medium, casings removed|
|White onion||2 Medium, chopped into large pieces|
|Bell peppers||2 Medium, chopped into large pieces|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Dried oregano||2⁄3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 can)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cheese||3 Tablespoon, shredded|
|Olive oil||1 Dash|
Calories 601 Calories from Fat 328
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.3%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.5%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 76.6 mg
Sodium 1431.2 mg59.6%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.8%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 24 g47.5%
Vitamin A 50.1% Vitamin C 161.2%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 74.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place sausage in a skillet and cook. Set aside.
1. Into the same skillet, pour a little olive oil.
2. Add the onions, peppers and garlic. Cook for about 4 minutes until veggies are softened.
3. Put the oregano and basil. Mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Return the sausage to the pan.
5. Add the tomatoes and mix well. Season with pepper.
6. Cook for about 10 minutes.
7. Take an oven dish (a 9×13 inch Pyrex) and place sausage and peppers.
8. Spoon polenta on the sausage and spread.
9. Sprinkle with cheese and a little paprika for color.
10. Bake for about 45 minutes.
11. On a serving plate, slice and serve warm.