- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Tomato Tart Recipe Video
|Roma tomato||8 Medium, cut into quarters|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Rectangular puff pastry sheet||1 Large (9X13 size)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Calories 542 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.9%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.5 mg
Sodium 670.3 mg27.9%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.3%
Sugars 19.3 g
Protein 20 g39.9%
Vitamin A 61% Vitamin C 72.9%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a bowl, put tomatoes. Add olive oil, thyme and sugar. Season generously with salt and pepper. Toss tomatoes to coat well.
3. Place tomatoes on a roasting pan – in a single layer and without piling on top of each other and roast for about 1 hour.
4. While the tomatoes are roasting spread out your puff pastry sheet. Drizzle with some oil and brush. Sprinkle with thyme.
5. 15 minutes into the roasting of the tomatoes, place the puff pastry in the oven. Cook until puffed and browned for about 45 minutes.
6. Remove pastry and tomatoes from oven.
7. Grate some Parmesan cheese on the puff pastry. Place the roasted tomatoes on top.
8. Grate some more Parmesan cheese on the tomatoes.
9. Cut into 8 pieces and serve at room temperature.