- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make a Quiche Recipe Video
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cold butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Very Cold)|
|Ice cold water||7 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded cheese/Cheddar, monterey jack, gruyere or colby||1 Cup (16 tbs), gruyere or colby|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Plus More For Topping)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Scallion greens||2 , chopped|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped ham||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4124 Calories from Fat 1900
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 213 g327.2%
Saturated Fat 117.9 g589.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1835.1 mg611.7%
Sodium 8559.6 mg356.6%
Total Carbohydrates 364 g121.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.7%
Sugars 100.6 g
Protein 184 g368.8%
Vitamin A 201.5% Vitamin C 52%
Calcium 305.9% Iron 119.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
• Pulse until you have a bread crumb consistency.
• Add ice cold water a TBS at a time. Stop adding water as soon as you have dough that is neither sticky nor dry. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
• Roll out dough and place in tart or pie pan. Prick bottom with a fork.
• Place the eggs in a bowl. Add the milk and cream. Whisk until smooth.
• Add all of the rest of the ingredients – leaving some Parmesan cheese for the topping. Mix well.
• Pour the egg mixture into the pie shell. Top with shredded cheese.
• Bake for 40 to 50 minutes – until eggs are set and an inserted knife comes out clean.