- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Loin with Black Walnut & Mustard Sauce Recipe Video
|Pork loin chops||4|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Black walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Hammonds)|
|Cider||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef broth/Chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Brown sugar||1 Pinch|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1575 Calories from Fat 764
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g134.3%
Saturated Fat 25.1 g125.7%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 238.6 mg
Sodium 620 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.2%
Dietary Fiber 22.3 g89.2%
Sugars 53 g
Protein 76 g152.4%
Vitamin A 43.5% Vitamin C 213.2%
Calcium 59.2% Iron 57.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim excess fat from pork loin.
2. Season the flour with salt and pepper and coat the chops.
3. Heat half of olive oil in sauté pan. Brown the chops on both sides; transfer to ovenproof dish.
4. Add remaining oil to pan. Add onions and cook over low heat until they soften and begin to brown.
5. Add garlic and Black Walnuts; cook additional 2 minutes.
6. Stir in any left over flour, then gradually stir in cider and broth. Season well.
7. Serve this with steamed rice for a hearty meal.