- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Upside Down Dessert Recipe Video
|Fresh pineapple slices||6 Large, cut into 2 inch thick|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Calories 872 Calories from Fat 426
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.5%
Saturated Fat 30 g150.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 171.2 mg
Sodium 480.5 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 68.1 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C 6.4%
Calcium 25.4% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the pineapple into large chunks.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Place pineapple chunks into an oven proof dish. Top with butter and brown sugar. Place in oven and roast for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Add egg, butter, milk and vanilla. Whisk for about 2 minutes until well incorporated.
5. Remove pineapple from oven and flip.
6. Reduce heat to 375 degrees. Sprinkle more brown sugar on pineapple.
7. Spoon the batter on top and spread out.
8. Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
9. Remove pan from oven. Carefully separate the cake from the edges with a sharp knife.
10. Flip pan onto a baking sheet. Let cake fall on to sheet.
11. Spoon dessert into ramekins. Serve with vanilla ice cream.