- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meatball Sub with Marinara sauce Recipe Video
|Baguette||4 , slit, slightly hollowed|
|Meat balls||200 Gram|
|Mozzarella cheese slices||8|
|For marinara sauce|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic cloves||2 , minced|
|Tomatoes||2 , chopped|
|Tomato sauce||14 Ounce|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4072 Calories from Fat 904
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 101 g156%
Saturated Fat 40.1 g200.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 291.6 mg
Sodium 9106.3 mg379.4%
Total Carbohydrates 594 g197.9%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.4%
Sugars 32.3 g
Protein 177 g353.7%
Vitamin A 120.4% Vitamin C 146.5%
Calcium 130.4% Iron 40%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to desired temperature.
2. In a skillet, heat olive oil, add onion, cook for about 10 minutes. Add garlic, cook for a couple of minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and oregano, mix well, allow to cook for about 5 to 6 minutes. Pour in the tomato sauce, add pepper, salt and sugar, simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Line the baguette with mozzarella cheese. Place in the oven and bake until the cheese melts.
5. To the marinara sauce, add meat balls, stuff the baguette with the sauce along with the meat balls. Repeat the process to make several subs.
6. Serve with your choice of beverage and fries.