- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mache Salad with Oranges and Avocado Recipe Video
|Oranges||2 Small, peeled|
|Scallions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Fresh ginger||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil/Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mache/Baby spinach leaves||4 Cup (64 tbs), washed|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon, toasted, rubbed with garlic|
|Alfalfa||2 Tablespoon, sprouted|
|Ripe avocado/1/2 large||1 Small, diced|
Calories 208 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.5%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 263.9 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.5%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 10 g19.4%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 67.5%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Separate the orange wedges, making sure you have no white on them. Place the oranges in a sieve, over a bowl to render juice.
2. Prepare the other ingredients as per the list.
3. To the bowl with orange juice, add the scallions, ginger, honey, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Mix well. Slowly whisk in the oils. Set aside.
4. In a bowl mix together the mache, alfalfa sprouts and sesame seeds. Drizzle the dressing on top and toss well.
5. Place the orange segments and the avocado in the bowl. Toss carefully so as not to mash the avocado or the oranges.
6. In a serving plate, serve the salad fresh.