- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lentil Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette Recipe Video
|Lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Bell peppers||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Scallions (green and white)||1 Medium, chopped|
|Chilli pepper||1⁄2 Medium, seeded, chopped (any type)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 503.1 mg21%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61.1%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 13 g26.1%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 38.6%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
2. In a bowl, place the lentils, bell pepper, chili pepper and scallion. Toss to mix well.
3. In another bowl put the mustard, vinegar and black pepper. Whisk to mix well.
4. Slowly add the olive oil, while whisking constantly, to emulsify the vinaigrette.
5. Add the vinaigrette to the lentils. Mix well.
6. In a serving bowl, serve the salad preferably at room temperature.