- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Alcohol Based Eggnog or Egg Nog Recipe Video
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Full cream milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Brandy||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 202 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 189.4 mg
Sodium 278.1 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.1 g0.42%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 0.15%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, break the three eggs and add the yolk of the fourth egg and whisk well using a balloon whisk.
2. In a large saucepan, pour the beaten eggs. Add the salt, sugar and nutmeg powder and mix well, using a balloon whisk.
3. Slowly pour the milk into the bowl and keep whisking all the while, using the balloon whisk, to form a homogenous mix.
4. Place the saucepan, on minimum heat and cook for 30 minutes. Keep stirring all the while and use a food thermometer, to ensure that the temperature of the custard does not go above 160degrees.
5. Cool the custard to room temperature.
6. Mix in the vanilla essence, followed by the brandy using a Balloon whisk. Chill the custard.
7. In a small bowl, using a Balloon Whisk,whisk the heavy whipping cream.
8. In a large bowl, pour the eggnog custard and fold in the whipping cream. Mix very well to make a homogenous mixture.
7. Serve as a drink to relax with on a warm afternoon, garnished with chocolate shavings!