- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Pasta Salad with Chicken (or not) Recipe Video
|Whole wheat pasta||12 Ounce, cooked|
|Carrot||1 Large, grated|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, peeled, seeded, diced|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, peeled, diced|
|Celery stalk||1 Medium, chopped|
|Scallions (green and white)||2 Medium, chopped|
|Chicken thighs||2 Medium, skinned, chopped (Optional)|
|Ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Salt||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (as desired)|
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.3 mg
Sodium 319.6 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g46%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 19 g38.5%
Vitamin A 75.9% Vitamin C 19.7%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the ingredients as per the list.
2. In a bowl, take the cooked pasta, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, celery, scallions, chicken and olives.
3. Season it with salt and pepper.
4. Pour olive oil as required. Toss them well to coat all the ingredients.
5. In a serving bowl, place the salad and serve fresh or chilled.
This can be stored in the fridge for 2 days or packed for lunch also.
Vegan version can be made by omitting the chicken.