- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make a Garlic Knot Recipe Video
|Prepared challah dough||2 Pound|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten|
|Garlic||4 Tablespoon, prepared, chopped|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Dried parsley||4 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 382 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg8.8%
Sodium 1028 mg42.8%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.6%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 8 g17%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a rope about 10 inches long.
3. Tie each strip loosely into a knot, stretching gently if necessary.
4. Place knots 1 inch apart in staggered rows on the baking sheet and let rise for about 10 minutes.
5. Lightly brush each knot with beaten egg and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
6. In a small bowl mix together garlic, oil, parsley and salt and set aside.
7. After 15 minutes, remove knots from the oven and top each evenly with the garlic
8. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown
9. Serve Garlic Knots warm.