- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Canadian Pork Pie Recipe Video
|Ground pork||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Scallions||4 Medium, chopped|
|Red onions||1⁄2 Medium, minced|
|Bay leaves||2 Medium|
|All spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Red potatoes||6 Medium|
|Pie crust||2 Medium (2- 9 inch)|
Calories 1288 Calories from Fat 618
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g105.5%
Saturated Fat 25.9 g129.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.5 mg
Sodium 727.6 mg30.3%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.5%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 40 g80%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 112.2%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 31.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel and cook the potatoes. Mash them and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Place the meat, scallion, onion, bay leaves, allspice, cinnamon and cloves in a large skillet.
4. Add the water and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Bring meat to a boil and simmer softly for about 2 hours or until all liquid has dried up. Remove from heat.
6. Add the mashed potatoes and mix well.
7. Line a pie plate with dough. Fill it with pork filling.
8. Cover pie with extra dough. Cut 4 slits in the middle of your pie.
9. Bake pie in middle rack of oven for about 45 minutes.
10. On a serving plate, slice and serve.