- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||1 Large, cut into bite sized strips (FOR THE CHICKEN)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (FOR THE CHICKEN)|
|Rice wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (FOR THE CHICKEN)|
|Chinese five spice powder||1 Pinch (FOR THE CHICKEN)|
|Honey||1 Teaspoon (FOR THE CHICKEN)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon (FOR THE CHICKEN)|
|Scallion||2 Medium, chopped finely (white and green parts, FOR THE CHICKEN)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), smashed (FOR THE CHICKEN)|
|Fresh ginger||1⁄2 Tablespoon, minced thinly (FOR THE CHICKEN)|
|Cornstarch||1 Tablespoon (FOR THE CHICKEN)|
|Peanut oil/Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon (FOR THE CHICKEN)|
|Wonton wrappers||6 Medium, sliced to strips (FOR THE SALAD)|
|Napa cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs), sliced thinly (FOR THE SALAD)|
|Romaine lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced thinly (FOR THE SALAD)|
|Carrot||1 Large, julienned (FOR THE SALAD)|
|Snow peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), julienned (FOR THE SALAD)|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, sliced (FOR THE SALAD)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon (FOR THE SALAD)|
|Soy ginger vinaigrette/Dressing of choice||2 Tablespoon (FOR THE SALAD)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1556 Calories from Fat 861
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g151%
Saturated Fat 14.8 g74.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.7 mg1.6%
Sodium 4210.4 mg175.4%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35%
Dietary Fiber 16.8 g67.3%
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 74 g148.9%
Vitamin A 475.7% Vitamin C 252.1%
Calcium 55.4% Iron 80.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, place the chicken strips.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, Chinese five spice powder, honey and sesame oil.
3. Add the scallions, garlic cloves and ginger. Mix well.
4. Pour over the chicken and make sure to coat completely. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. In a shallow dish place the marinated chicken.
6. Sprinkle with the cornstarch and make sure it is coated well.
7. Heat a skillet with the oil until it is very hot – almost smoking.
8. Put the chicken into the hot oil and cook in batches until it is cooked through.
9. Remove from the skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
10. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
11. Cut the wontons into thin strips.
12. Spray a baking sheet with some cooking spray.
13. Place the strips on the sheet in a single layer.
14. Spray the tops lightly and place in the oven.
15. Bake for 9 minutes or until browned and crisp.
16. In a large bowl, place the cabbage, lettuce, carrots, snow peas, almonds and sesame seeds. Toss to mix well.
17. Add dressing of choice, here soy ginger vinaigrette and toss to coat well.
18. On a serving plate, place some of the salad and top with the chicken and wonton strips and serve.