- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Breakfast Casserole Bake Recipe Video
|Russet potatoes||6 Medium|
|Bacon strips||8 Medium|
|White onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, chopped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 189.1 mg63%
Sodium 332.9 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 54.4%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel and boil the potatoes in lightly salted water but not until they are completely cooked through. Cool down and cube.
3. In a large skillet cook the bacon. Remove it when it is crisp and keep the rendered fat.
4. Add the onion to the bacon fat and cook for about 4 minutes or until soft and translucent.
5. Put the garlic and cook for a couple more minutes, stirring often, until fragrant.
6. Add the peppers and parsley and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Mix in the diced potatoes. Make sure not to destroy the potato. Allow the potatoes to brown a bit for about 5 minutes. Add some extra oil if necessary.
8. Crumble the bacon into the cooked potatoes, add the salt and pepper. Mix carefully and place skillet in the oven.
9. If you do not have an oven proof skillet, transfer the potatoes to a casserole or oven proof dish. Bake the potatoes for about 15 minutes.
10. Remove the pan from the oven and, using the back of a spoon; make 8 indentations on the potatoes. Place an egg in every indentation.
11. Return pan to oven and bake for an extra 15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked like you want them.
12. Remove from oven.
13. In a serving plate, scoop out each marked portion and serve hot.