- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blackberry Fool Recipe Video
|Blackberries||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Confectioner sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), chilled|
|Mint||1 Teaspoon (FOR GARNISH)|
Calories 596 Calories from Fat 396
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.4%
Saturated Fat 27.7 g138.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.4 mg54.8%
Sodium 47.4 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.9%
Sugars 35.9 g
Protein 5 g9%
Vitamin A 42.5% Vitamin C 52.3%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, place the blackberries. Add ½ a cup of confectioner’s sugar and carefully toss to cover all the berries.
2. Allow sitting at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
3. Take another bowl. Pour half of the blackberries into it and mash the fruit with a fork. Pass the mashed blackberries through a sieve. Make sure you squeeze all the juice out.
4. Whip the cream in another bowl until it starts to thicken. Add ½ a cup of confectioner’s sugar and whip until stiff and firm.
5. Fold the blackberry juice into the whipped cream. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Take a ramekin; place some blackberries into it.
7. Top with some cream. Garnish with an extra blackberry and a mint leaf and serve.