- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make A Black Forest Trifle - Part 1 Recipe Video
|Canned black cherries||425 Gram (in syrup)|
|Chocolate finger cake/Marble cake||250 Gram|
|Dark chocolate||100 Gram (plain bar)|
|Fresh vanilla custard||500 Gram|
|Double cream||300 Milliliter|
|Single cream||150 Milliliter|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 596 Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.2%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.9%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 14 mg
Sodium 96 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 41.3 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Drain the cherries in a sieve over a bowl and reserve the syrup. Set the cherries aside.
2. In the base of a large trifle bowl, arrange half of the finger cakes, breaking them in half as you put them in. Spoon over 6 tablespoons of cherry juice and 2 tablespoon kirsch.
3. Grate about 2 tablespoons of chocolate from the bar. Set aside for decoration.
4. Melt the rest of the chocolate in a bowl, in the microwave oven.
5. In a bowl, warm the custard for a minute in the microwave oven, stirring halfway.
6. Mix just over half the melted chocolate into the warm custard and beat well.
7. Spread out the rest of the melted chocolate on a baking parchment. Chill for 10 minutes and cut out star shapes from the set chocolate.
8. In a bowl add double cream and single cream together with the icing sugar and vanilla, and whisk using a hand whisk, until just thickened.
9. Scatter half of the cherries over the cake mixture. Spoon about a third of the cream mixture over the cherries.
10. Add the rest of the cake, broken in halves, spoon over 2 more tablespoons of the cherry syrup and 1 tablespoon of kirsch, then add the rest of the cherries.
11. Spoon the chocolate custard over, and add spoonfuls of cream on top.
12. Sprinkle with grated chocolate. And stick the star shapes on top of the cream.
13. Scoop the Black Forest Trifle into serving bowls and serve.